Clogged Drain – No More!
Profesional Drain Cleaning Services in Everett, WA
Clogged drain? Don’t you hate when this happens? You go to brush your teeth or wash your hands, and the sink just simply fills up with water because the drain doesn’t seem to want to do its job. When your sink or tub is not draining properly, or won’t drain at all the chances are your drain is either clogged or damaged. Baikal Services® will be happy to assist you with any of your bathroom drain cleaning, kitchen drain cleaning, basement drain cleaning and more. Call us without any hesitation at (206) 799-3035, or fill out our online schedule service form and we will be there to take care of this problem at a time that is most convenient for you. Also, if your basement is flooded, Baikal Services will be able to assist you with the water damage restoration service as well.
DIY Steps To Clear A Clogged Drain
How To Clean A Drain Using Natural Cleaning Solutions
If the water in the sink would not drain your first line of defense is to try to use a plunger. When using a plunger make sure to plug the overflow hole with a finger or a cloth. After using a plunger for several times, you should notice that the sink begin draining.
If this doesn’t help, then the next step is to try to use some cleaning solutions. We recommend using alway natural remedies and not some harsh chemicals which can be harmful to nature and your drain. All you will need for this procedure are baking soda and white vinegar. You can also use lemon juice, Borax, or salt mixed in with the liquid ingredients for extra potency.
White vinegar is an effective and very affordable way to clean your whole household, get rid of germs, kill bacteria, remove grease and finger prints from your appliances, and much more. Read about general cleaning with vinegar.
Follow these steps:
1. Pour about 1 to 2 gallons of hot water down the drain.
2. Pour about 1 to 2 cups of baking soda down the drain.
3. Pour about 1 to 2 cups of white vinegar down the drain. Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Pour about 1 to 2 gallons of hot water again down the drain.
5. Rinse the drain with hot tap water for about 5 minutes to make sure it has been cleared out.
If using these natural remedies, written above, fail to work, try to use your sink plunger again. Don’t forget to cover the overflow hole. To increase the pressure, fill the tub or sink with water. If nothing works, you can always rely on Baikal Services® to take care of your plumbing problem for you. Simply call (206) 799-3035 and we’ll send a plumber right away.
Preventative Maintenance for Your Drain
1. Always use drain screens and strainers in your tub and sinks. Drain screens or strainers help keep all clogging material from getting into the drain.
2. Never pour grease, chemical drain cleaners or any other chemical liquids down the drain.
3. Use natural remedies to clean your drain on a regular basis.